banana breakfast cookies (vegan/gf)


Because sometimes you just get tired of the same old eggs or cereal for breakfast and you need a little treat. These are so yummy and have no added sugar, unless you do what I do and dump in some chocolate chips. But I will leave that decision up to you…and make sure you have them with coffee. My Mom taught me that cookies are always for breakfast, with coffee!


Banana Breakfast Cookies:

2-3 large ripe bananas 
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of rolled oats
2/3 cup of almond meal (I used bob's red mill)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of chopped pecans (or whatever add in's you like)

Mash the bananas with a fork and add in the oil and vanilla. Add the oats, almond meal, salt, cinnamon,  baking powder and stir until combined. Dump in the chocolate and pecans and stir again. Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop by heaping tablespoon and lightly flatten with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for 15minutes. I like to put half the dough in the fridge for fresh cookies the second morning.

Makes 18 (adapted from this recipe)



My little chocolate monster approves :) - hope you are having a great week so far I will be back tomorrow for Ten on Ten!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh these look so good! definitely trying them this weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little chocolate monster is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...